I don’t know what it is about Fall, but it makes me want to do nothing but bake. I love the way it makes my apartment smell, warm and cozy with no candle needed. I was trying to decide what to bake the other day while scrolling through Facebook, and this video popped up. I knew right away it was what I needed, not wanted, but needed to bake. Pumpkin Pie is my favorite dessert, I could eat it all year round. The fact that this recipe was for mini pumpkin pies just sealed the deal. I couldn’t not bake them. While this video was my inspiration, I did tweak the recipe a bit to how I would normally make pumpkin pie. Read on to see what I did.
This recipe yields 24 mini pies.
What you will need:
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Allspice
- 2 boxes of store bought pie crust (each box comes with two crusts)
- Pre heat oven to 400degrees
- Mix together pumpkin, condensed milk, eggs and spices
- Use a round cookie cutter (I used an upside down glass) to make mini crusts
- Place crusts into cupcake tin
- Fill mini pies- I used about 2 tbsp of filling in each pie.
- For the hearts, I used the extra dough that was leftover after the crusts were cut out. But you can decorate or don’t, whatever you choose!
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, depending on how your oven runs. I put mine in for 30 minutes, but probably could have gotten away with 25.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes
- Top with some whipped cream and enjoy!